Regions of Kazakhstan
Zhabagly is the first reserve of Central Asia and Kasakhstan
Zhabagly is located in South-Kasakhstani region; it is the first reserve in Central Asia and Kazakhstan. It takes part of Talasskyi Alatau ridge in Western Tien-Shan. Its height is 1,100 meters in Zhabagly village and goes higher than 4,200 (Sairamskyi peak).
There are 1,279 species in the flora of the reserve, 57 of which are recorded in The Red Book of Kazakhstan. Famous Dutch tulips are descended from those flowering here (such as Greig’s tulip).
More than 51 species of mammals such as snow leopard, tien-shan white-clawed bear, lynx, mountain goat (tek), argali (mountain sheep) and marmot Menzbira inhabit these places. Golden eagle, Eurasian eagle owe and Himalayan griffon are recorded in The Red Book of Kazakhstan.
Horseback riding in the foothills, hiking along Aksu gorge, visiting stalactite cave with ancient formations and monuments of Turkestan are popular here.
Services and prices on ecological sights of Zhabagly
|Populated area||Zhabagly, Tyulkubas|
1) Zhenya´s & Lyudas Boarding House, 26 places, double rooms, each with toilet and bath;
2) 3 family houses (6-10 places), in the 2 houses have a shower and toilet;
3) Guest house "Ruslan", double rooms, each with toilet and bath;
1 guest house(4 places), two rooms
|Shymkent (airport, train – 100 kilometers), Tyulkubas (train, bus – 20 kilometers)|
|Season of stay||1-12, 5! 9! months|
1) Zhenya´s & Lyudas Boarding House, 8400 KZT, accommodation and food
2) Family house: 6700 KZT accommodation and food, rent tents 750 KZT
3) Guest house "Ruslan": 8000 KZT
1) Guest house 5000 KZT, all the facilities at home
|Highlands of Aksu-Zhabagly Reserve and mountain steppe of Karatau Reserve |
|Sairam, Turkestan, Sauran, Otrar, Shymkent, Aisha-Bibi, Taraz|
|Hiking and horse trails, mountain trekking|
1) Eugene Belousov, +7 72538 55584; + 7 701 7175851; firstname.lastname@example.org; www.aksuinn.com
2) Svetlana Baskakova, +7 725 8356686, Baskakova2003@mail.ru, Baskakova2008@mail.ru, http://www.wildnature-kz.narod.ru/
3) Lammert Biz and Elmira, +7 725 3855585; +7 702 5284627; +7 701 4316327 (Elmira)
Mikhail Norets, +7 701 6931547, +7 72538 60167, email@example.com
How to get there
By train. Several trains run between Almaty and Shymkent cities on the daily basis. At the station you will be met by guide with personal car, who will bring you to the place of destination in 30 minutes.
By bus. Busses depart from Sairan bus station (Almaty city) every day from 19:00 to 21:30, and arrive to the bus station of Shymkent city at 9:00 in the morning the next day. At the station you will be met by guide with personal car, who will bring you to the place of destination in 30 minutes.
You can plan and book your trip to Zhabagly in advance through ecotourism Informational resource center: firstname.lastname@example.org.